With cooler weather is just around the corner, this means that your skin is in for a change. By making some minor changes to your daily skin care routine – will help you maintain your youthful appearance.
The first thing to note is that indoor heating along with harsh winter winds is not ideal for your skin and dehydrates skin, leaving your skin rough and dry. Therefore it is important to maintain a moderately warm indoor temperature and to not exceed high temperatures indoors. Another important factor is to pay attention to the ingredients in your products and opt for a boost of antioxidants to jump start collagen production. Especially look out for products containing ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E). Here’s how to maintain well-nourished skin in winter.
An ideal morning routine should consist of the following:
1. Moisturize your skin in the shower using the Epizone Bath and shower milk or cleaning bars. After you shower, you have exactly 60 seconds to seal in moisture while the skin is still damp after that, the dry air causes it to evaporate fast). So, before you step out of the tub, towel off and apply an Epizone Cream. You can try using the in-shower option.
2. Your face is the most visible part of your body and also gets affected the most in winter. A gentle morning cleanser using the Epiwash Cleansing Face Wash and healthy application of a richer and heavier moisturiser and sunscreen if you will be going outdoors is recommended during winter. Applying face oil after cleansing will seep deep below your skin’s surface to hydrate, heal and protect it in the long-term. Apply a light layer to just-washed skin before putting cream on top.
3. Apply a lip treatment on before lipstick. Dry, flaky lips are the worst, but you can prevent them by gently exfoliating lips with a damp washcloth, then applying a light layer of lip balm.
4. Try as best to wash your hands with a mild soap or opt for a gentle hand sanitizer where possible. After washing your hands, apply hand cream and put on a pair of gloves before tackling the cold.
An ideal evening routine should consist of the following:
- Washing your face with a gentle Epiwash Cleansing Face Wash. Exfoliation (using the Epiwash Exfoliating Cleanser) helps in removing dead skin cells, and nourishing the needed cells with the required moisture. It’s important to exfoliate twice a week before bedtime. Toning once a week will also help to give the face the added glow. Apply a rich and heavier moisturiser or a night cream from the Epizone Range.
- Applying extra moisture to sensitive areas, such as the eyelids, chest and neck, hands, legs and feet. The Epizone A Cream is quickly absorbed by the skin and does not leave an oily residue, only a soft and smooth feeling all over and can be used as all over daily moisturiser for the body.
- Learn to love a humidifier. Hot, dry air steals the moisture from your skin, leading to winter itch and rashes, such as eczema. Running a humidifier in the bedroom while you sleep will soothe your skin overnight, so you wake up feeling extra hydrated and refreshed.
- Don’t forget your hands and feet. Our hands and feet are often neglected. As a result our hands age much faster and our feet look horrific by the time summer approaches. This winter, use an SPF hand cream and apply oil to cuticles every day. Also buff feet at night and apply a moisturizer and wear a pair of socks to allow the moisture to seep in.
5. Avoid or minimise long hot baths and bubble bath. The ides of a nice, hot bubble bath is needed to take our minds off things and heat our bodies, however try as best to avoid very hot baths and bubble bath as they dry out the skin.
6. Moisturise shortly after bathing; it is important to seal in the moisture after a shower or bath, this will help keep the skin hydrated. Apply moisturiser within minutes after washing to avoid the skin sealing itself off.